Remove this ad

funkymoondancer

Thriller Comebacker

#42 [url]

Aug 11 11 6:46 AM

There has been some new videos that are showing step by step the creation of the show...until opening night.. Like journals..

This show is going to be amazing!! Jamie King one of the main creators...also did send a message to the MJ fans stating he is putting all his heart into the project..no limits.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Aug 12 11 3:14 AM

This is indeed great news Funkyheartare these videos by any chance on Youtube?, if so can you please post the links for all of us to see. Thanks in advance!!  
mcl_mj heartI'm so happy for you, if anyone deserves to go its you!! I wish I could be there too, and I know others share my feelings ... Well, I guess all in good time, patience is the key ...Anyway, back to you, you must tell us all about it. I'm sure you will have a wonderful experience wink

How does it feel, when you're alone and you're cold inside...

Quote    Reply   

funkymoondancer

Thriller Comebacker

#47 [url]

Aug 13 11 7:03 AM

Michael Jackson’s multi-track vocals will be placed over a live band, which includes several key players who had toured with the pop star, such as keyboardist and music director Greg Phillinganes and drummer Jonathan “Sugarfoot” Moffett. Patrons who expect a show similar to most Cirque du Soleil shows will likely be surprised. “It’s different,” says Stephane Mongeau, executive producer for Cirque. “It’s a live concert with musicians, dancers and acrobats.”

Michael will always be present during the show through video and new technology, especially holographic technology,” says King.
“Most importantly, because it is a music-driven show, we’re working with Michael’s catalog. Michael is really the narrator, his voice will always be there.”
With a development budget north of $50 million, the production touts 65 Jackson songs, including standard arrangements, remixes and mash-ups; Jackson’s choreography; and Cirque’s trademark acrobatics.
“It will be unlike any other rock show that you may have seen before,” boasts James King, who began the project in March 2010. “It is a hybrid where we are taking the idea of a rock show and a Cirque show and taking it on the road.”

Quote    Reply   

funkymoondancer

Thriller Comebacker

#48 [url]

Aug 13 11 7:04 AM

Thriller No.1 Tops Billboards Best Video

Three weeks ago, in anticipation of MTV’s 30th birthday today (Aug. 1), Billboard asked their readers to celebrate three decades of music television by voting on the best videos of the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s, each week in a separate poll. Here are the results:
1980′S – THRILLER NO.1
If the Video Music Awards had existed in 1983, MTV would have had to practically create a category just for the culture-dominating ingeniousness of “Thriller.” It’s little wonder that the video was up for several VMAs even a year later when the awards show kicked off. And almost 30 years after the MJ’s epic horror-movie-style ghouls and zombies grooved and paraded into the hearts of music lovers, it’s still tops with Billboard.com’s voters, capturing a whopping 65% of the vote in our poll. He’s not just the King of Pop, he’s the king of music videos, too.
1990′S – SCREAM NO.2
Black and white. Set in outer space. Directed by Mark Romanek on a budget of millions. Featuring not one but TWO superstar Jacksons: Michael and Janet. What’s not to love?

Quote    Reply   

funkymoondancer

Thriller Comebacker

#49 [url]

Aug 13 11 7:05 AM

Michael Jackson: Photography By Dilip Mehta

Dilip Mehta was invited by Michael Jackson to spend a few days with him at Michael’s home Neverland. Mehta produced a beautiful set of photographs of Michael in a relaxed and spontaneous way that few photographers were ever allowed.
The complete set of images can be purchased through Apeiron Photos, here is just an example of some of Dilip’s work with Michael.

CLICK TO BUY DILIP’S PHOTOS

Quote    Reply   

funkymoondancer

Thriller Comebacker

#50 [url]

Aug 13 11 7:07 AM

Blue Waters To Release Updated MJ Graphic Novel

In time for the King of Pop’s birthday. Michael Jackson’s reign as the King of Pop is celebrated in the latest biographical comic book from Bluewater Productions.
The newest addition to the publisher’s critically acclaimed library features a cover and foreword by artist and friend of Jackson’s Giuseppe Mazzola.
Publisher Darren G. Davis says, “Each of these titles sold out during their initial release, but now we are nearly doubling the size of the book and giving fans and collectors more of what they want.”

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

funkymoondancer

Thriller Comebacker

#51 [url]

Aug 13 11 7:09 AM

Immortal World Tour: Limited Edition Merchandise

Limited-edition merchandise available online only for a limited time!
Purchase exclusive limited-edition Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour merchandise ahead of the show’s opening: Michael Jackson T-Shirts for Men / Women, Watter Bottle and Key Chain…
But hurry! These unique items won’t be sold at the show!
CLICK TO BUY MERCHANDISE

Quote    Reply   

funkymoondancer

Thriller Comebacker

#54 [url]

Aug 15 11 10:24 AM

Anytime!! New pictures, comic book, shows...a lot of Jackson activity.

Are we Jacksonian's? hahahaha.. I don't even know if the word exists...but minus well... give it a try...

I want to get that comic book....specially interest about the story line....I think is does deal with a "hoax" theme..

As soon as more updates or journal come across I will posted here!! ; )

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Aug 16 11 9:14 AM

Funky, grate input, as always, thank you so much! That comic book reminds me of that one supposed to be written by Mike about them rock star who unsuccessfully tried to take his life, book that should have been published a longtime ago. Do you remember?

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…it is about learning to dance in the rain

Quote    Reply   

funkymoondancer

Thriller Comebacker

#57 [url]

Aug 16 11 11:52 AM

(14-8-2011) Just two weeks before a four-day celebration of the life and birthday of Michael Jackson in his hometown of Gary, Indiana, a Los Angeles artist visited the city for inspiration.
Rudy "Rude" Martinez is planning to create a mural in Gary honoring the King of Pop and his hometown. A virtual sneak preview of the mural will be revealed on August 25 at the Genesis Convention Center during The Legends Ball that will kick off the four-day tribute called “The Legend’s Weekend.”
The weekend celebration, which concludes on Jackson’s birthday on August 29, is being hosted by the city of Gary and LGR Partners, Inc. from Addison, Illinois.
Jeff Funderburg, LGR partner and spokesman, said he heard about Martinez and the Jackson mural he painted last year in Los Angeles on a building located near the Staples Center. That work of art took Martinez six months to complete and gined international attent from Michael Jackson fan clubs and tourists.

“When I saw photos of the mural on the Internet and the buzz it created, I knew I had to get in touch with him,” Funderburg said. “It took some weeks to finally catch up with Rudy but it was worth it because his work is incredible.”
Martinez said he feels it's only fitting to create a second Jackson mural in Gary and he spent a week scouting locations and talking to residents.
“I talked to a lot of people about the city and there is a lot of passion and love for Gary despite the negativity that shadows it,” Martinez said. “The people are beautiful and friendly. And the architecture of the buildings is magnificent. I am amazed at the structures here!”
Entertainment and events promoter Ivan Woodard gave Martinez a tour of the city and noted that the artist seemed amazed at the architecture and history of nearly every building, seeing what others don't.
It has been something to watch him react to the different structures,” Woodard said. “While we see decay in some of the buildings, he sees beauty and opportunities for renovations. He was like a kid marveling at many locations.”
Martinez has been an aritst since he was a small child. He has been painting professionally since the 1980's. He is also president of the Dr. Frank Ryan Foundation and the Bony Pony Ranch Foundation, which help underprivileged and at-risk youth maximize their potential for greatness. Martinez said this mural, which should be finished sometime next year once he finds a large enough canvas, will be a gift to the city of Gary.
“This mural will highlight Gary in a way that will preview what good things will come here,” Martinez said. “I want to create a mural that will not only bring attention to the city from Jackson’s fans [but] it will help bring opportunities for the city to use the mural as a promotional piece. They have the potential with Jackson’s childhood home and how people constantly visit the home. I also want the mural to inspire up and coming artists whether young or adult. Not only is the mural a tribute to pop culture, it will expose children to the arts and inspire them. They will think ‘I can do that. I can be an artist, a musician, a poet, a dancer.’ It is important to expose the arts to our children. If they are not exposed to arts and culture it will limit their ability to grow and become productive.”

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Aug 16 11 12:47 PM

Wow, wow, wow... cool pictures, cool videos and I want that comic book!!!!

Thank you for posting all these information funky! 

Love and light to all of you - I'm thinking of you daily...

Do what you want to do and go where you're going to, think for yourself... >Beatles<

Quote    Reply   

mcl mj

MoonWalker

#60 [url]

Aug 17 11 7:40 AM

Thank you su !  It's very exciting.....less than 7 weeks !!!grin

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help