Remove this ad

#83 [url]

Nov 19 10 9:53 AM

Dear 

Over the last 11 months many of our messages to you have focused on the work of Partners In Health and Zanmi Lasante, our sister organization in Haiti. And rightly so. The cholera outbreak, on the heels of the devastating earthquake in Haiti, demonstrates that the needs and the suffering there remain great.

Our commitment to Haiti is unwavering.

But our work doesn't stop at Haiti's borders or with acute disasters. Every day PIH sister organizations in 11 other countries confront problems as varied as high maternal mortality rates in Lesotho and drug-resistant tuberculosis in Peru.

Today, I invite you to take a look at one compelling example of this work: Butaro Hospital in Rwanda. Paul Farmer speaks about this important project in this short video - watch now:

Watch: Paul Farmer

Watch this video from Paul Farmer on the benefits that Butaro Hospital
will bring to the Rwandan people.

Butaro Hospital is one step in a continuing partnership between Partners In Health's sister organization in Rwanda (Inshuti Mu Buzima), the Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School and the Rwandan Ministry of Health. When completed, it will be an example of how to create a modern hospital in rural Africa capable of delivering world-class medical care and training Africa's next generation of medical professionals.

This hospital is just one example of the vital work we do in partnership with local communities around the world.

Such work may be done out of the media's spotlight, but it is no less important.

Butaro Hospital and other smaller but dignified facilities that PIH has supported and built with the governments in Malawi, Lesotho, and elsewhere play a crucial role in addressing disasters that beset the poor daily: a complicated birth, a malnourished child, or a life-threatening burn from a kerosene cooking stove.

As a supporter of Partners In Health, you deserve to see the impact our projects have made in the past few months. Take a look at the work we're doing - we couldn't have done it without you.

http://www.pih.org/watch-butaro

Sincerely,

Joia Mukherjee
Chief Medical Officer

P.S. Be sure to watch our colleagues in Haiti on CBS's "60 Minutes" this Sunday.

Donate to Partners In Health

How does it feel, when you're alone and you're cold inside...

Quote    Reply   

#84 [url]

Nov 19 10 11:37 AM

Thank you for the update Su!
I've done a donation today to "doctors without frontiers"... They are all over the world helping those in need.

Do what you want to do and go where you're going to, think for yourself... >Beatles<

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Nov 20 10 5:39 AM

Great job Hopefull, God bless you heart..  Doctors without frontiers / borders are one of the best missions out there, I love donating to them too.

My biggest dream is to join one of these missions, I would love nothing more than to go in person and give a helping hand to those in need all over the world. If only that dream would come true, I'd be the happiest person on earth.

How does it feel, when you're alone and you're cold inside...

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help